Ticketing - Mapping Email IDs
Users working in an organization or Site can submit tickets to Faronics Deploy via email. The email for creating the ticket should be added to the Site and configured to receive tickets and reply with notifications or answers as needed. Emails cannot be duplicated, and each Site must have its own email.
Mapping to email IDs on your domains for personalization is supported.
Select this option to map ticketing emails to a forwarding email.
1. Navigate to Organization Settings -> ORGANIZATION-WIDE SETTINGS.
2. Click the ENABLE TICKETING switch (if not already enabled).
3. Click the MAP TICKETING EMAILS button (if it is greyed out, this means that the Pro feature is not enabled for your account, please contact Sales for further assistance).
4. Click the designated EDIT icon under FORWARD TICKETS FROM CUSTOM ID.
5. Specify the email to where the tickets will be sent. Emails sent to this address will appear on the Ticketing page in the console.
6. Optional: Set up Custom Email Address – Enable this option to forward incoming emails from this custom email address to the Faronics Ticketing Email Address.
7. Enter the email address in the CUSTOM EMAIL ADDRESS field.
8. Optional: Send Email via Custom Email Address – Select this option to send updates for tickets using the custom email address specified. When selected, domain ownership must be verified and DNS records must be set.
9. Verify Domain Ownership - set up your DNS records by adding CNAME records to your DNS server to configure DKIM and click VERIFY DNS RECORDS.
10. Set up SPF Records - If your domain does not have an existing SPF record, publish a TXT record with the following value:
v=spf1 include:amazonses.com ~all
If your domain already has an SPF record, modify the existing record to the following format:
v=spf1 include:existingrecord.com include:amazonses.com ~all
11. Click VERIFY SPF RECORDS.