Show All Notification Icons
A Custom Batch Script to display all notification icons at all times.
The following is the Show All Notification Icons sample batch script. Copy it and save it as a .bat file. For further information on hosting this script see Quick Guide to Self-Hosting Custom Scripts.
REM This script sets the system tray so that all notification icons are shown at all times.
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer" /v EnableAutoTray /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
The table below outlines all the fields that need to be set when creating this custom script.
Create a Custom Script
1. Select the Control Grid tab on the top menu bar.
2. Navigate to the Applications tab.
3. Click CUSTOM SCRIPT.
4. Select Create Custom Script.
5. Enter a Name for the script, Show All Notification Icons in this example; use any name you'd like to use.
Show All Notification Icons Custom Script
6. Enter the URL that points to the hosted script http://faronics.org/proservices/bat/show_all_notification_icons.bat in this example. You might need to download this file and host it on a link that is whitelisted in your firewall.
7. Select the script type: Batch Script.
8. Command Line: Leave blank.
9. Select the account to Run As; either System Account or Specified User Account.
10. Click SAVE TO GRID.
The script will now appear in the list of Custom Scripts. It will also be available to select from the Applications Control Grid View.
Search for the script in the grid using the search option. If your applications are grouped, you will see a column named Custom Scripts. Selecting the Custom Script header will display all the scripts that have been added to the grid.