The Send Message Custom Script appears as a pop-up window on a computer that it is run on.
msg.exe * $args
The table below outlines all the fields that need to be set when creating this custom script.
Create a Custom Script
1. Select the Control Grid tab on the top menu bar.
2. Navigate to the Applications tab.
3. Click CUSTOM SCRIPT.
4. Select Create Custom Script.
5. Enter a Name for the script, Send Message in this example, use any name you'd like to use.
Creating a Custom Script
6. Enter the URL that points to the location where the script is being hosted, http://www.faronics.org/SendMessage.ps1 in this example. You might need to download this file and host it on a link that is whitelisted in your firewall.
7. Select the script type: Powershell.
8. Command Line: Enter the message you’d like to send to the workstations enclosed in double-quotes, "This computer will reboot in 5 minutes" in this example.
9. Select the account to Run As; either System Account or Specified User Account.
10. Click SAVE TO GRID.
The script will now appear in the list of Custom Scripts. It will also be available to select from the Applications Control Grid View.
Search for the script in the grid using the search option. If your applications are grouped, you will see a column named Custom Scripts. Selecting the Custom Script header will display all the scripts that have been added to the grid.
When the Send Message custom script is run, it will appear as a pop-up, as shown in the screenshot below:
Message That Appears When Running the Custom Script