Using RDP - Remote Desktop Protocol
Faronics Deploy will automatically enable RDP on the computers. Administrators do not need to enable RDP in the Remote Settings.
Initiating Remote control using RDP will prompt a logged-in user to grant remote access. If there is no user logged in, the remote will go through without user permission.
RDP will allow you to login with a specified user account. The end-user will see the lock screen displayed when the remote connection is active.
RDP over the web will also support file transfers so administrators can copy files from their computer to the remote computer.
Select a Computer from Applications Grid
1. Select the Control Grid tab on the top menu bar.
2. Navigate to the Applications tab.
3. Select a Computer from the Computer Name column.
4. Select the REMOTE drop-down menu.
- Optional: Enable the Log off User switch.
- When enabled, you will be prompted to Warn User before Loging off, check this box if you wish to do this.
- Click SAVE.
Enabling the Log off User Setting.
5. Select RDP from the drop-down menu.
6. Click the Open Deploy Connect Launcher button; optional: check the Always allow https://deploy.faronics.com to open links of this type in the associated app box.
7. Login into the Remote Computer.