This page will allow you to create a deeper level of customization for what products will be installed, what type of updating should be applied to the product automatically, and even customizations to the products themselves.
5. It is strongly recommended to configure a log file path for the installation process in case of any troubleshooting.
6. Download the configuration file and leave a copy in the shared folder created in step 2.
7. Run setup.exe to download the source files to the share location using a command prompt:
<local path to share folder>\setup.exe /configure configuration_file.xml
This step may take some time to complete. The setup files are several gigabytes in size.
8. In the Deploy Console, click on Custom App.
9. Provide a name for the custom application to display in the Deploy Console.
10. Enter in the source for the installer location under Enter URL: \\server\sharename\setup.exe
11. Configure the architecture type desired.
12. Under "Install Command Line", provide the remainder of the command to install Office: /configure \\server\sharename\configuration_file.xml
13. Set the timeout value to be 60 minutes at a minimum as the install may take some time when applied to several machines at once.
14. Perform a test install against one of your machines.
The Office installation can fail if there are any Office components already installed on the machine. Consider running the Office Cleanup tool on your machines to remove any traces and provide the best chance for success.
Once the test installation completes, it should now be visible under Custom Apps in the Deploy Console. It is now ready to be pushed to other machines.